Today I prepared almond milk for the first time. It is very simple and an ideal substitute for cow’s milk. It does not contain cholesterol or lactose, just 40 calories in a glass and has as much calcium as cows. The taste is excellent!
Here is the step by step:
- The bleached almonds (without skin) are soaked in water. The proportion is, for each cup of almond, 4 cups of water. The longer the better, minimum 1 hour, maximum 8
- Crush or blend for about two minutes
- It is squeezed using a gauze cloth. Type those to make cheese
- It is flavored with vanilla, cinnamon or nutmeg. It is sweetened with honey or agave.
- With the leftover pulp you can make a kind of “humus”, breads, cookies, etc. It can be used fresh immediately or dehydrated (in the oven at very low temperature)